2017 Winter/Spring Respite Sessions Remaining:
Adult (Traditional) 2016-2017 Overnight Respite Sessions
- 04/19/17-04/24/17 (5 nights)
- 05/03/17-05/10/17 (7 nights)
- 05/17/17-05/24/17 (7 nights)
- 05/31/16-06/07/17 (7 nights)
Youth (Traditional) 2016-2017 Overnight Respite Sessions
the last session for 2016-17 was held: 04/10/17-04/14/17 (4 nights)
Youth/Young Adults with Autism 2016-2017 Overnight Respites
- 04/21/17-04/23/17 (2 nights)
- 05/12/17-05/14/17 (2 nights)
- 05/19/17-05/22/17 (3 nights)
- 06/02/17-06/04/17 (2 nights)
Summer Camp 2017:
We have one eight-day session for adults (ages 26+), a NEW 13-day session for young adults (ages 23-35) and two 13-day sessions for youth (up to age 25) with general developmental disabilities, as well as two five-day sessions for youth and young adults (all ages considered) diagnosed with autism as follows:
- Adult Session: June 16 – June 23, 2017
- Young Adult/Life Skills Session (NEW!): June 26 – July 8, 2017
- Youth Session 1: July 10 – July 22, 2017
- Youth Session 2 : July 24 – August 5, 2017
- Autism Session 1: August 14 – August 18, 2017
- Autism Session 2: August 28 – September 1, 2017
Day Respite Care for School-Age Children:
As of January 2015, Camp Oakhurst provides day respite program for school-age children with special needs. The program is available during the school year after school and on days schools are closed. The program is designed for families who are often unable to find appropriate care for their school-age children while they are at work. The service is open not only after school from 2:00-6:00 p.m., but also on school closure days (except for federal holidays), including winter and spring breaks, and in the summer as part of our day camp program. There is limited (within approx. 10 miles) transportation one way from the child’s school to Camp Oakhurst during afternoons when school is in session.
Day Recreation (for Monmouth County adults only):
Due to the elimination of grant funding from Monmouth County, the program is suspended as of April 30, 2013 until further notice.
Scheduling and Registering for Services
All requests for service for any of the 2016-2017 respite sessions or 2017 summer camp sessions can only be made after a full application is completed (see Apply for Services section of the website), an in-person interview is held, and Camp Oakhurst notifies the client or client family the applicant is accepted and eligible for services.
Please contact the NJ office of Camp Oakhurst at 732-531-0215 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.